Grasses pluming, roses blooming, OH MY!
We're stocking up for fall planting, with several truckloads of new stock arriving during the week, including 108 cases of house plants, plus herbs and cool season veggies!
We also received honeysuckle, trumpet vine, Indian hawthorn in bloom, ten varieties of great looking roses, pampas and other grasses, euonymus on trellises, butterfly bush, hibiscus, caryopteris, potentilla, and more perennials! Lots more photos of these new items on our home page!
We also got a load of flagstone, including RED, which seems to be in short supply, and several pallets of 'easy to handle' landscaping stones, many with lichens.
We are about to flip the calendar to September! Wondering what to plan on doing? Here are seven of our thirteen suggestions; you can find the entire list on our September Gardening Calendar:
- Fall is an excellent time to plant trees, shrubs and perennials.
- Plant mums and pansies in a sunny area for fall.
- Plant spring flowering bulbs, such as, crocus, daffodils, hyacinth and tulips with bulb food.
- Divide and plant peonies.
- Plant cool season vegetables in cold frames.
- Fertilize cool season lawns late September or early October with Jericho Sure Green Fertilizer, 16-8-8.
- Reseed cool season lawns.
We have two new staff members who are anxious to meet you! They are currently going through orientation, but in the next few weeks, we're going to have a "Meet and Greet". You're gonna love Tyler and Thumper!
As always, we appreciate your business and friendship, and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Richard, Jennifer, and Your Gardening Angels