ALBUQUERQUE GARDENING CALENDAR
- Average last frost is May 1st, cover crops if frost predicted.
- Visit Jericho for all your yard and garden needs.
- Plant tomatoes in early season plant protectors.
- Plant fruit and shade trees as well as shrubs.
- Plant dahlia, canna, gladiolus and lily bulbs.
- Plant strawberries, raspberries, currant, grapes, asparagus, potatoes and hardy herbs
- Plant ornamental grasses.
- Replace high pollen producing plants if you’re allergic to them.
- Fertilize spring flowering bulb, do not remove green leaves until they turn brown.
- Sod or seed cool season lawns.
- Treat for grubs now and again in August.
- Apply Bonide Crabgrass and Weed Preventer pre-emergent weed control to perennial beds and lawns.
- Prune spring flowering shrubs as they finish blooming.
- Prune frost damage on roses and grapes.
- Inspect for pinion scale and early aphids and treat as recommended.
- Inspect and repair drip irrigation in garden and sprinkler system in lawn areas.
- Revitalize garden beds with compost.
- New selection of roses arrive at Jericho.
Be wise - WINTERIZE!
Use Jericho’s own Winterizer now! A 5-20-20 with sulphur, a low nitrogen fertilizer that doesn't encourage green growth, high in phosphorous and potassium for everything else - root development, cell structure strength and overall health, minus the growth of foliage. Sulfur lowers PH to make other nutrients more available. Should be used on everything, from lawns to trees to shrubs!